Establishing partnerships and efforts to support other organizations that work toward ending human trafficking in the city of San Antonio, the nation, and the world.
What is Centro Seguro?
Centro Seguro, a joint effort between RMYA and Bexar County Juvenile Probation, is a 24-hour drop in center for young people ages 11 – 17 who are in need of a safe place due to homelessness, runaway, unsafe living conditions, or falling victims to sex traffickers. Youth have access to a wide array of services from a hot shower, a meal, a change of clothing, and immediate therapeutic support. The drop in center is the first of its kind in Texas where an estimated 79,000 child victims of sex trafficking currently reside.
Why is this partnership important?
This partnership is important because we believe in giving back to our community in San Antonio and surrounding areas.
How can I help?
- You can help in various ways. You can start a drive to collect all or any of the items listed below at your place of employment (seek approval first), your local church, your local non-profit, your friends or raise money to purchase these items in bulk.
- We will be releasing an Amazon 'wishlist' in a couple of days so that you can purchase directly from there as well.
These items will be needed all year-round. Our goal is to collect 200 of each item, quarterly.
If you would like more information on Centro Seguro - we urge you to listen to Episode 9 of Talk for Freedom Podcast where we interview Dr. Julie Strentzsch and she shares all about Centro Seguro and how you can help and get involved.
Care Kit Packing Party
- Need volunteers to help with packing 200 Care Kits
- Date: Sunday, July 1st
- Time: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Location: Providence Place | 6487 Whitby Rd, San Antonio, TX 78240
- All volunteers MUST sign up HERE
- SERIOUS VOLUNTEERS ONLY
Freedom Nights is a partnership with Ransomed Life. Every third Friday, we minister and share the love of Jesus to young girls who have survived sex trafficking in San Antonio.
This event is not open to the public for the safety and privacy of the young girls. However, you can help support this ministry in these areas:
- Financial Donation